Did you know Nectar of the Vine's wine frappés can be used for more than just making wine slushies? You can use them when you cook and bake too! Check out our easy recipe below on how to make Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream (with or without wine) with our Strawberry Rhubarb Wine Slushy Mix:
Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream without Wine:
1. Fill a large (gallon) Ziploc bag halfway with ice.
2. Add sea salt to the bag.
3. Pour milk, sugar, and vanilla into the smaller (quart) freezer bag and seal.
4. Place the small Ziploc bag in the larger bag, seal the larger bag, and shake for around 5 minutes.
5. Remove the smaller bag and rinse off the salt.
6. Scoop ice cream out of the bag with a spatula and enjoy! (You can store in the bag in the freezer until ready to be served.)
Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream with Wine:
1. Pour wine into mixing bowl. Next, gradually add the superfine sugar and whisk until it is completely combined.
2. Slowly add the heavy cream to the wine and sugar mixture and whisk again. You will see the mixture begin to thicken up.
3. Pour mixture into Tupperware container or Ziploc bag, seal, and freeze.
4. Let freeze for around 3-4 hours. Serve and enjoy!
*Tip: Add fresh cut strawberries to either recipe for an added twist.
Want to give this recipe a try? The Strawberry Rhubarb Wine Slushy Mix is our Flavor of the Month and is 50% off until April 30th, 2018. You can also use any other of our wine frappe flavors to make this ice cream! Order yours so you can try this at home! If you have a recipe you love and want to share, e-mail us at email@example.com with your favorite and yours could be featured!